Sunday, January 31, 2010

Amnican Falls

The first week in January, I had yet another doctor's appointment in Duluth.  Up and back in one day, for a half hour appointment, if that!  But, good news- I got a new "flipper" that I can actually eat with- so my "soft food diet" ended MUCH earlier than expected!  Christopher, who made the trip with me, helped me celebrate as we headed to Grizzlies where I got a pulled pork sandwich and enjoyed some chewable food!!  We then headed back to Winona, but stopped at Amnican falls along the way for a little hike.  It is really beautiful there- and we found this amazing "Ice Monster" as seen in the first picture here!....as far as we can tell, just made from water splashing up into the same spot over, and over again, and freezing.  He was about 4-5 feet tall, and our greatest find of the day- though we enjoyed the whole hike =)

No comments: