Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Framing the cabin!

Last Wednesday was a busy day, as Wayne, Matt, Christopher and Dad helped me put up all 4 walls on my cabin! Since then, Jim and I have sheathed it as well.  We picked up the trusses yesterday, and Thursday looks like the day for raising the roof!  It has been a lot of fun seeing things progress, and I am learning a lot!  Thanks to all that have helped me so far! I definitely would not be able to do it all on my own.  With 2 1/2 more weeks before work....crunch time has begun =)  Surprisingly, I am not stressed out by this. I am expecting to get quite a bit done this week, and I am hoping the temperatures drop so I can work outside longer.  Apparently it was 94 today, and even with a bit of wind, that is way too much for me.  I still put in an almost full day, but it definitely takes too much out of me....so Jim and I went to the movies and sat in air conditioning tonight....and now I am headed to bed with air conditioning.  So, to all of you that think I am roughing it out on my land....not really.  I am loving it out here!

No comments: