Sunday, August 1, 2010

Another busy weekend

This weekend was another busy one.  On Saturday, Christopher came out, as did Jim's dad Clare, and we worked on getting the rakes made and setting up the studs against the 2 end trusses.  This proved to take a lot longer than anticipated, with double notchings on each stud to accomodate the trusses.  But, the window is now framed in, and we are now working on the roof! Today, Sunday, Christopher was out again by 9, and by 11 we were all exhausted from the heat and dripping sweat again- today was a hot one, with the temperature up to 91.  We got the rakes put in place, and 2 pieces of sheathing on the roof before heading to the Haake family picnic during the hottest hours of the day.  But, we were back at 3:30 and finishing up the sheathing on the southern side. The tractor was a huge help in getting the sheathing up! I will be so happy when the roof is finished and nobody is monkeying around on my steep roof anymore- it makes me a little nervous. But- I love seeing the progress! Everyday I am more excited about my cabin =)

No comments: