Saturday, August 27, 2011

A drainfield!



 looks like a bunch of packing peanuts to me....but this is what goes into the drainfield!
 yes, this is the big digger, right inside my orchard.  Amazingly they maneuvered around all my baby trees and they all survived!
A few weeks ago we had our drainfield installed for our septic tank. We had been getting it pumped this last year when it was full- so one less continuous expense to be paid!!  I used my tax refund for this project, and Jim paid the rest- one more thing in place!  Of course now our yard is all ripped up again, but the grass is coming through in spots where it had sand loaded on top, so it is not as bad as it was! 
Close to the same time, we also had a driveway put in! So- come on out and see our place- you won't get stuck anymore =) They used their machines to also smooth out a few areas of our yard, so now the lawn mower can get in more places...hmmm...that would be if the lawn mower was working right now.  With my new weedwhacker I bought this year also on the fritz, I am a bit fed up with my yard right now.  It is turning into a jungle! But, we are paying for things out of pocket, and seeing as I took out no loans on our house, we are doing alright!! I am trying to pay off other loans, so then we can start saving for a bigger house someday!

No comments: