Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lily's Trip to Alaska

I am way behind on my updates.....I see I haven't posted anything since I started back at work.  Maybe now that I am on summer vacation again I can post a little more, or at least catch up a little.  One of the most important things to note is that Lily is now 4 1/2 months old.  At the end of April she took her first plane ride (taking 8 different flights) going to Alaska and back for Bert Karmun's funeral.  It was really nice to visit with people and be back for a little bit.  We even went to Elim for one day, and I got to visit with some friends and see a bunch of my old students- who have gotten HUGE since they were in Kindergarten 4 years ago! Anyways, I don't have time to write too much about it- Lily will wake up from her nap soon.  But- we had a great week up there, and I even got to hike on a couple of my favorite trails again.  Lily did wonderful under my jacket in the front pack.  Thanks to Mark and Eric and Selena for letting me crash with them while we were up there!


 Sleeping in front of a mammoth skull....
Sleeping in front of the Iditarod Finish line....

No comments: