Monday, March 16, 2009

Blizzard in Elim

Some of the drifts go right up to the roof-line.
This is the tractor that plows our roads....in front of our store.

Digging down to our front door- so we can get into our apartments!


About week and a half ago we had a blizzard come through Elim, and all the kids had to be picked up from school by parents. My windows quickly became covered with snow, and I couldn't see much out of them. The kids finally dug out the snow this week by my thermometer, so we can get more accurate temperature readings for our graph. The thermometer was attached to the outside of our window and buried in a drift.

I thought this was a lot snow out our window, until another storm hit and buried it much further. The kids had fun last week after school walking on top of the drift and peeking into my window....it was rather amusing to look out the window and see their feet going by.

No comments: