Thursday, October 29, 2009

Oktoberfest!

For two weekends, and a couple days in between, I celebrated in La Crosse's Oktoberfest- with lots of beer and live music! The first night of festing, I made the mistake of bringing some vodka with me....forgetting about that extra kick it can give you, long after you stop drinking it!! After a bike ride home that lasted much longer than needed, I decided beer was good enough for me for the rest of the festivities! My favorite was definitely the Jim Busta polka band- but the other bands were a lot of fun as well. I have never participated in a real Oktoberfest before, but it was definitely a lot of fun!


This little 2 year old is going to be a future polka star....
The festmaster!
The last night of festivities.....




Yep, we closed it down the last night...
While waiting for a certain person that uses the bathroom a lot, I noticed the festmaster and the whole "royal family" outside the tent. I took a picture of them, and was called over by the festmaster to get a picture with them...I also got an "honorary festmaster" button =)

No comments: