Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Seasonal Finds on an October Walk

After school today, I went to a meeting for our "Fall Harvest Dinner next week- celebrating healthy and local foods.  The meeting was held in my classroom, and a parent of a kid I had 2 years ago came to help organize our dinner.  She also brought some delicious home-made soup that she will be serving at the dinner next week! After that I had to rush home, because Jim is in Nevada this week, and poor, poor Arlo has had to suffer for a whole day the fate in which most dogs do every day.  He was left inside all alone while we went to work!  No day at the shop with visiting postal workers who give treats, employees who pet him, Jim who plays with him, and his two beds to choose from. The poor creature.  He was a bit wild upon being let out, so I decided to find a trail I knew to exist not far from home.  I'm glad I did- because I think I will be visiting it much more!  Along the way, I decided to look for things that mark the time of year it is....that beautiful autumn which is already beginning to slip away!  So, here are a few of the pictures I took today....so you can feel like you went for a walk too!  I always feel SOO much better after a walk in the woods!


 the only puddle for miles.....of course Arlo waded in it.
 It doesn't look like it in this picture- but this is going to make one great skiing hill this winter!....other than that rock!











No comments: