Friday, December 28, 2012

More Progress!!

     It is now Christmas vacation!  I am so glad for this time off, so that we can get further along on the house!  Jim installed our new 96% proficient propane hot water tank last Saturday, and has been working on installing our in floor heat since then (around Christmas and work and everything else).  He did have someone come out to help us on Sunday, which got us a lot closer to our goal- and last night we ran water through the lines and started circulating our in floor heat!  This morning when we woke up, the floor was wonderful to step on, and it was 60 degrees in the bottom of the addition!  There is still a bit of work to be done on it, but it is working!!  Yesterday I spent the day at home and got the grout put in around the tile behind our stove, and finished insulating behind our sink.  I also drew out some designs for my corner trim pieces upstairs, and Jim picked out one he liked for our bedroom, so maybe I will get a chance to woodburn those today and get them in.  I was also able to get out my cross country skis and went for a little ski with Arlo down the snowmobile trail that is about 1 mile from my house.  I didn't make it too far, but for my first time out this year (and for being about 8 months pregnant) I thought I did pretty well.  It was really calm and quiet out- which was pretty relaxing.
     This morning I woke up with Jim and I have spent the day so far organizing the downstairs (taking some things upstairs and to the storage containers, and organizing things, sweeping, etc) so that the carpenter who is helping us with mudding and taping can start the downstairs today.  He should be here in an hour, and I am hoping he can get the first coat on today.  My mom is also coming soon, and is going to help me put primer on the baby room walls.  I just got back from Nordstroms, the construction store in Melrose, 7 miles from here.  It is snowing out, and hwy 54 is not that great, but my Jetta made it just fine (until I tried to get up my driveway which took a couple tries). 
     I am getting really excited about my new addition- I can't wait to get flooring in and actually start moving around some furniture! Christmas was a lot of fun too- Katie and Matt and the kids made it up this year, which always makes it more fun!  It was a bit of a zoo with 6 kids running around Christmas Eve, but I wouldn't want it any other way.  I love seeing them have so much fun together!  Thank you to everyone for all the great gifts- especially the baby ones.  I am getting so excited for her to come!

No comments: