Monday, April 15, 2013

Missouri...Lily's first Hikes

 The weather in Missouri was beautiful!!...especially because our late spring in MN/WI.  I did not mind leaving snowstorm after snowstorm to find green grass and weather in the 60's or more each day!  While Katie and the kids were in school, and Matt was at work, Lily and I enjoyed hiking with Arlo in the Grand Bluffs nature reserve near their house.  The hike up the bluffs was exactly what I needed to clear my lungs and build up some strength after all my time inside with Lily.  She loved being outside in the nice weather, though she slept through most of the hiking.

 Arlo was thrilled to see his first butterflies to chase!  We also saw a few wildflowers, bees, buds on the trees....ahhhh!  SPRING!!!
 Oh, yeah, and the ticks were out....


The baby bjorn worked the best, though Lily was not a fan of the sun in her eyes.  The next day we bought a sunhat, since I didn't think to bring one!!

No comments: