Thursday, December 11, 2008

life...

I had my first crab of the year the other day, John invited me over for supper. It was a lot better than the nachos I had after school....which was going to be my supper! I am trying to eat my cheese and empty out a little freezer space! I still have a ton of food left- and I am supposed to be half way through my years supply!!
I overslept for work yesterday- it is completely dark out when I wake up and my alarm clocks do not light up, so I just hit snooze....and don't know what time it is. Last night I slept with my Christmas lights on, and then I could see my clock in the morning- guess I need to get a real alarm clock over Christmas. It is hard to wake up when it is really dark out!
School is going good- and the kids are learning a lot- we just started adding and subtracting this week....after working on it just a little bit as a class for the last month each day. They are doing really well with it- and we made abacuses on Monday to use for it (popsicle sticks, pipe-cleaners and pony beads). The Christmas Bazaar will be tomorrow! I have quite a bit to do to get ready for that yet.....and my Research Proposal is due soon....so that is keeping me busy. I found out that I have one more class yet to take- I want to take it next quarter and just be done, but I think it might burn me out....I am having motivation issues lately. Plus, I start coaching that quarter-but I was planning to quit tutoring for that time- and that will free up two more evenings each week, which would help a lot. Other than that- I am just trying to gt ready for Christmas!

1 comment:

flamecharmer said...

anna,
here's hoping your christmas is beautiful. i'm glad to read a bit about you and know that you are welcoming a wonderful new addition to your family...he is a very personable young thing. i hope you enjoy him and have many great days together.
i have to tell you, i love your mukluks and i am a little jealous. they are beautiful. my son and i rendezvous and have many great pairs of moccasins but have not yet been able to get any mukluks. not many people here have them but i have been wanting a pair for 19 years. i'm happy to know that you didn't wait for yours. they are great!
after reading a little about you, i am delighted to know what kind of person that little thing got...i am actually in tears i am so happy.