Saturday, October 25, 2008

Unalakleet!










On Tuesday, almost our entire staff headed down to Unalakleet to join all the other principals, teachers, cooks, aides, and maintenance people from our school district for a district-wide conference. With 15 different sites in our district, this added up to a lot of people- mostly staying at the school- sleeping on air mattresses n the classroom floors. I went to a session on Bridges to Math- a hands-on math curriculum. It was taught by a teacher I know and was really good- I am excited to use the lessons in my own classroom. I also had a chance to visit a lot of other teachers from other schools, which is always nice. I stayed up late every night visiting with people, and never got more than 5 hours of sleep, so I was exhausted when I got home last night. We were one of the last groups to fly out, but we don't have too far to go, so it didn't take us long to get home. I ended up falling asleep on the plane, but did see a lot of the ice forming on the ocean. Unalakleet had a few inches of snow while we were there- and I even saw a couple kids out skiing-- got me excited to go! There were a couple inches on the ground when we got back home, but there isn't enough for skis yet....soon though.
Most of the pictures I am posting are from the first day I was in Unalakleet, when I took a walk down the beach. We arrived in the morning, when the sun wasn't fully up, and I liked the mist rising on the ocean. Mark brought Sadie along, and Mary, Mark, Sadie and I took another walk down the beach just a little bit later. Sadie decided she wanted to chase Seaguls in that freezing water...brrr....
I caught up on sleep today, and now I need to start working on getting caught up on everything else....I never feel like I am completely caught up with school... But, I finished my classes for my Masters last week- now I have just 2 more quarters left. I can't wait to be done.

1 comment:

Super Angie said...

The rib picture was awesome!!!! How do you find those amazing things?