Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween at School!









Halloween on Friday.....we decorated crackers with peanut butter and used chocolate chips to make triangles for math, sounded out Halloween words, and had a Halloween party! I got out a lot of the dramatic play clothes and let the kids dress up in different costumes and we turned out the lights, put our orange Halloween lights on and lit up the Jack-o-Lantern (with a nice kid safe light I was given) and ate a bunch of junk that students brought in! At least our crackers had peanut butter on them....some protein at least! Short day on Friday- the kids then went to lunch and headed home, and I went around town and finished going to houses for Parent-Teacher Conferences. I then handed out candy at John's house, so we could guess who kids were together. Around Elim, the tradition is that kids dress up with masks, and you have to guess who they are when they come to your door! Some kids are very tricky..... wearing different clothes and shoes, etc than normal. I didn't see too many big kids out this year- but the little ones sure were cute! I then headed up to the school for the Community Costume Contest.

No comments: