Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Three Day Weekend

It is now Sunday already, and I am sitting on my couch wondering where my weekend has disappeared to again. How does it always go so fast, and with so little getting accomplished?  You would think with an extra day this weekend more would have gotten done.  But then I look back at even this morning and I can see it quickly filled up with drudging chores.  I woke up and put away the dishes, went online to check my email for school and was reminded that I needed to fill out a 3rd form from my Observation...so spent 45 minutes filling that out, then also remembered I was supposed to take 3 online summary/classes about administering medication for students.  Another hour and a half gone.  Oh, those darn bills I keep putting off....another half hour, and I can't even get online to certain sites so I will have to finish later.  Let the dog out, cuddle with the dog a bit, get some food.....try to check my email for the 4th time, nope- still can't access.  OK, I guess I am done, and it is 2:00 already.....and I still need to make my presentation for a class I am taking this week.  Ugh...procrastinate for another hour- what else can I do besides that? Hmm...appparently check other people's blogs and then decide I need to write something on mine.  Maybe then I will want to do it....or it will be time to head into Winona to meet my Mom and Grandma for supper.
I did have a slightly productive weekend.  Yesterday was beautiful out so I spent quite a bit of time working in my yard.  I leveled dirt from the well and septic tank, tried to spread more dirt over the sandy parts, and even spent an hour ripping out raspberries that are crawling all over my lawn and have created quite the nuisance.  I am beginning to think I will rid myself of all raspberries and find some somewhere else to pick. Focus on apples, blueberries and other plants without thorns!  I cleared leaves and pine needles out of my garden, and my daffodils are now about an inch high. I then went over to my storage shed and helped my mom and brother clear some of their things out of there, so I can now get in the back to my stuff.  I need to get rid of yet more stuff, and organize it better.  I am hoping once I get more stuff out of the shed I bought last fall- using up more of the wood inside the house, I will be able to put some things in there. 
I just made reservations for an indoor water park- so at the end of April Jim and I are taking a mini vacation to Wisconsin Dells, to swim and check out Cave of the Mounds.  It will be good to just get away to where there is nothing I need to work on at all. Hopefully Jim will be caught up enough on projects by then.  We were going to build some boxes for wind turbine parts last night- went and got the wood at Menards, but then the brake on the truck got stuck on the way back.  So we spent quite a bit of time in the Taco Bell parking lot trying to fix it, until Wayne came by with the right tools to get the Caliper off...and fancifully rigged with a wedge of wood so we could drive slowly back to the shop.  By then it was 11:30 so we just headed home. Oh well, at least the wood got delivered.  Today has been rainy and cold, not a good yard day, so I figured I would get caught up on stuff I hate doing and just get it over with.  We will see about that class assignment though- I might put that one off until tomorrow.  It is due on Thursday. I'll post some pictures once I get around to getting them on my computer!

No comments: