Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hike with Sadie








Another busy week! I started tutoring on Monday, and have had the last couple of days off- I tutor again tomorrow. Normally I will be tutoring on Wednesdays and Thursdays, but switched for this week as the other tutor had a meeting. So Monday was an insane day for me!! School, online seminar for my Masters, John Miles was here to deal with ski equipment, so I was trying to help him, then I went into tutoring for 2 hours, stayed an extra hour to get ready for tomorrow's tutoring, and then came home to work on a paper. Yesterday I spent 5 hours on the computer finishing that paper. I have had Sadie at my house since Monday night, as Mark is up north with students, putting radio-collars on reindeer. Today we took a long walk- going out to Nex Crick and spending time walking up and down the beach looking for things, and then climbing on the rocks on the other side....the tide was especially low today, so we were able to go further than usual. On the way back, we picked up a couple of walrus vertebrae, which are now sitting outside my door in the grass.....still a little bit stinky- but pretty clean. I might try putting them in bleach water to get the rest of the smell out of them. I have more pictures to post from this week, but again, it is getting late, and I will have to do so later!

No comments: