Sunday, September 7, 2008

Trip to Hotsprings













On Friday, John and I headed out on his 4-wheeler to the hotsprings...about 10 miles out of town. We spent a lot of time stopping to look at the fall colors and eat blueberries, as over the week, the colors had reached their peek. I couldn't believe how RED everything was...and I took a LOT of pictures! Just out of town we came across some spruce hens.....not the brightest animals. If I would have had a gun, they would have been hard not to get! We crossed the river with the 4-wheeler, which was a little deep, but it made it alright. As we have not had any rain for a few weeks now, it was much lower than it can be at other times! I drank coffee and we soaked in the springs for awhile before heading back up to RoseMary, where John climbed the rock and I took more pictures. I don't mind climbing UP things, but the coming down I am not so good at...so I passed on climbing for the day. We found a really good patch of blueberries and stuffed ourselves some more before heading back to town. It started to get chillier on the way back, as the sun was getting lower.
The rest of the weekend I spent getting caught up on my Masters classes- (which I put off all week to be outside) and getting some other things done. I did get out for a few little walks besides.....I have a ton of pictures to post from Friday....so will keep trying to get those up!

No comments: