Thursday, September 18, 2008

Beach with Kids


















More pictures from last week- took a walk down to the beach to see what I could find, and ended up having company....one kid in my class, and others who have been in my class. As the tide was low, the tide pools were fun for exploring, and the kids collected starfish and made sandcastles. This was one of the last warmer days we had, before things started getting colder...now I wade in the water and get pretty chilled!! KayLynne found a little crab, and was convinced it wasn't moving because it was just a baby....she let it "swim" away...floating with the waves. She also found a baby jellyfish and some other great treasures.

Here are some pickled carrots and onions I got from Mark! ...while I wasn't crazy about the pickled fish, I did like the pickled onions, so he made me a whole jar!! =) And there is some grizzly fur I found near an old skin someone seems to have discarded, or left to rot.

No comments: