Monday, June 29, 2009

Strawberry Jam!








At 8:30 this morning Heather and Christopher and I headed out to pick strawberries!!! We picked 4 gallons, and even with my gimpy hip, and picking right behind everyone else on the same row, I still picked faster =) I was glad for the help though- I don't think I would have had the stamina to get that many berries on my own!
As we were leaving I was wondering if I had gotten enough berries.....

35 jars of jam later, I realize I had gotten plenty! Heather came over to grandma Bublitz's with me, and we spent most of the day working on berries. I even mashed some up into a syrup with lots of chunks to put over pancakes later. I thought about mashing up some more, but Heather quite emphatically told me I was "done". I guess I got a little carried away with strawberries =) But, people will be eating my jam all winter long, and I even have some berries left to make some pies tomorrow! We finally finished up around 5 and then I left to eat my yummy supper of refried beans and sour cream...about the most consistent food I can eat right now on my liquid diet- as it requires no chewing. I thought about taking a nap then, but Christopher was cleaning the house so I joined him, and soon started in on the yard. So much for "taking it easy"...I barely sat down all day! I feel much better for it though I think!

No comments: