Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Beautiful Morning!

One of my favorite things about my apartment is the view I have from my living room. On Sunday, when I woke up at 10:30, I was greeted with this view of the sun rising over the ocean. So, I took advantage of it, and sat on my chair drinking coffee and watching the sunrise (which is quite a bit more prolonged than the ones in Minnesota).




On another note, in the adventures of Qunguk...he is learning to jump higher and is getting into more things. He can now jump onto my lower counter, balance on the lip of the trash can, and has broken a candle and a picture frame so far this week. He is a lot of fun, and is really sweet and cuddly when he is tired.....and is taking on one of my favorite traits of Barney, which is coming when I call his name.


He will play with anything, and I am glad I did not really invest in cat toys, because he likes Monsters old toys (other than the bones and squeekies) just fine. He chases the strings on the ropes, chases tennis balls, and even went into the "toy box" today and pulled out a fluffy ball that Monster had. He also likes to play with his water dish a little bit, as he is doing right now, again!

I tried to get a picture of him balancing on the lip of the trashcan, but failed.
Qunguk thinks the printer is alive or something. He is a little afraid of it, but extremely curious also. If I am printing a lot, he will stand guard in this position waiting for it to make noises again.

I attempted my first lasagna last night. I did not find a recipe that I had all supplies from, so I had to borrow a little bit from each recipe to make it work, but it turned out alright.....it didn't stay together great coming out of the pan, but I like lot of sauce on my lasagna, and found it was a tolerable trade-off. I think it turned out pretty good.
Today, Mark invited me over for some caribou....but it turned out his stove wasn't working, so we came over to my house and cooked it. He marinated it in italian dressing, and it was wonderful!! We had it with rice and corn. As a side note, we also played a couple games of cribbage. I lost the first game, but then I skunked him the second time =) No, I did not do the skunk dance!
We are getting more snow here again, which makes me happy, as always. I am taking my Kindergarteners out skiing tomorrow for their gym time....they have been counting down the days! I will try to remember my camera!

No comments: