Tuesday, January 6, 2009

To Nome!



On the 19th I headed to Nome- one day before I was to get on a plane and head back to Minnesota (or so I thought). Sometimes the weather in the bush can be bad, and I wanted to make sure I got my first flight out of Nome....I also had some Christmas presents to deliver in Nome, and wanted to visit with friends from other villages who were coming through. I delivered my presents and saw a lot of Gary's family, then made it back to airport pizza....I missed the live music, but was still able to hang out with people a little bit- and then we went back to Heidi's (who wasn't even home but was letting a bunch of us stay there). There were a few beers left, so we finished those off, and John played us some music. The next morning we went out for breakfast, and then I was still able to visit a few more people before heading to the airport.

No comments: