Thursday, January 22, 2009

Snowmachining and Skiing

John and I got out and enjoyed the nice weather this weekend. I slept at the school Friday night, chaperoning a girls Basketball team, and woke up to some nasty winds and drifts, but by the afternoon it had cleared up and was warm and great out! So, we went for a snowmachine ride....tried to get up to haystack, but got stuck and had to turn around, then we went around Elim hill and to the back side of Baldhead. The girls basketball team wasn't able to fly out, so I spent another night at the school, then the next day we went out skiing to the back side of Baldhead. Going down the hill was interesting, as the tracks didn't allow for much room to snowplow, and your skis got locked into tracks going straight down- so I ended up purposely crashing, and one time just really toppling on the way down! Always harder to get up when you go off the trail and end up in the deep stuff! I had fun. Ski practice starts on Monday....I had 5 kids show up for the meeting today...and I had boots that fit them all!!! I have one more kid that wanted to join and one more pair of big boots....my biggest ones, but I hope they are big enough!





No comments: