Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Program

On the Wednesday before school got out for Christmas Break, we had our Christmas program! My kids sang "Come On Ring Those Bells" with John accompanying them with guitar. They did absolutely wonderful! I was so proud!


The Elim choir singing a few songs...
My kids made hats with paper bells on them that day to wear for the program =)
These were the preschoolers lip-synching to an Alvin and the Chipmunks Song. They were really cute- especially one little boy (a brother of someone I have had in my class) who was completely rocking out! It was hilarious!
My class from last year (part of it anyway), singing "Jingle Bells"
All the Elementary kids singing "We wish you a Merry Christmas" in Inupiaq. About three boys in the front really wanted to be in front of the mike. One of them was a brother to the boy dancing....not a shy family =)
Four of my kids sitting by me after they had their turn.
Santa Claus!!! Things went much better this year- but I think anything would be an improvement over last year when Santa got mobbed! This year they were eventually able to form a line, and kids were able to sit on Santa's lap.


The line...

Some of the kids were too afraid to sit on his lap, but most did. Same as kids everywhere! I remember feeling a little odd sitting on a stranger's lap, too.
This picture was taken from a much lower angle =)....I let a bunch of the kids try to take pictures with my camera. They have fun doing it, and sometimes I get some interesting pictures. Eventually using a digital camera will be one of their tech standards anyway, so they might as well get used to them! This one was taken by one of my Kindergarten kids.....shows part of the kuspuk I made for the program....I will try to take a real picture of it and get it on here.

No comments: