Tuesday, August 26, 2008








The barge is back in town, bringing us all our needed supplies....this also means a 25% off sale at the Native Store next week! After school I had a teleconference about Kindergarten testing, which was wonderfully entertaining, and then Di and I took off to go pick blueberries. The tide was too low to paddle back to the spot we had gone to before, so we went to a spot across the road from Petochek. The berries were not as fresh as I have seen other places, but they were sweet and good- I am going to try making jam out of them anyways, so it really doesn't matter what they LOOK like =) For the first time, I actually remembered to bring my berry comb- and I am glad I did! It went a lot faster, and I was able to wear gloves, to keep the bugs off my hands. Added to my armor was a hankerchief around my neck, where the bugs crawl up inside my headnet, and the gloves, which did help. All the same, I did get a few bugs inside my net, and my wrists look like they are swollen because of bites. I am not complaining though, as this is probably the best I have come away after berry picking so far this year. I did begin to wish I had left my gear on as we packed up though, and headed off on the 4-wheeler, as we weren't able to generate enough wind to keep them away until we got to the road....there was an unbelievable swarm. Poor Miles (puppy) had had to deal with it longer than us....no wonder he had been getting really antsy and wanting to leave. He jumped up on the 4-wheeler pretty fast when we were leaving! Now I am back at home and need to start homework....oh, and I forgot that I had a class for my Masters tonight, so I guess I missed that.....and we missed voting- the City building was already closed by the time we got back into town at 8:30. Oh, well. My Masters class, at least isn't required that I attend- I can go back and read everything that was said on the seminar. Well, time to get something done tonight!

No comments: