Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bonfire






I needed to get out yesterday, so instead of finishing my homework, I decided to put it off for a day and head out! I was just procrastinating and finding just about anything to do besides my work anyways. So, I packed a backpack with a thermos of boiling water, some paper, a book, some dried foods, my camera and some tea and got ready to spend a few hours outside. I stopped and told a few people I was going out to Nex Crick to see if they wanted to join me, and Mary said she would (the first grade teacher and my neighbor)...so we headed out together and started a fire on the beach by Nex crick. We took Sadie (Mark's black lab) with us, and she had fun eating dried humpys and chewing on sticks. When she got tired she came over and slept by me. The weather was a little colder- starting to wear sweatshirts now, and I wore wool pants out yesterday, but it was perfect by the fire....the bugs weren't too bad being on the beach and by the fire. A few hours later John and Katie joined us, and John brought his guitar and sang a few tunes for us. Mark came out a while later, and he was the last one to stay up with me....we headed back about 1, and I got a ride with him on the 4-wheeler. I did have a headlamp and could have walked, but my bed was starting to sound good =) A lazy day today, need to get online and finish my homework now....so I can get outside again tomorrow....we will see...maybe even go camping tonight! I love Labor Day! I had the light setting not set right for outside on my camera, so my pictures didn't turn out all that great...

No comments: