Wednesday, August 20, 2008




Well, day 2 is finished. The kids are already starting to learn some of the rules and things are going easier. I had one little boy break down this morning and have a tantrum, but he was fine by lunch time....that pretty much happens at least once a year. Kindergarten can be a hard transition for some kids. They have a lot more expectations than they are used to.
Today after school again, I headed out to the beach, but as soon as I stepped outside I heard a kid crying on the playground. Looking over I noticed it was a very small kid and he was all alone, so I went over to him. I think he was partly just upset that he was left all alone. When I went over there he lifted up his arms and wanted to get picked up. He maybe just turned 2. I took him home, asking other kids where he lived, but nobody was there, so I took him with me, and a couple of my students followed, down to the beach. I didn't want to leave him all alone and he was sort of clinging to me, so I figured I would just watch him for awhile. I did find his Dad, when we came back up.
Here is a picture of my gillies (sea glass) finally, and my fish that I wrapped over my lunch break on Saturday (we had a Saturday work day)....I should have plenty of fish to get me through the year now. I wouldn't mind catching more, but I am not sure what I would do with them! I'm not going to fit much else in my freezer!

No comments: