Thursday, August 21, 2008

Out to Rosemary












Well, today John and I went on a 4-wheeler ride out to Rosemary- a big tall rock sticking out on the tundra, on top of one of the mountains- it has a great view of the surrounding valley and nearby mountains- many of which also have strange rock formations on them. The sun was bright, and it was another day where I was feeling almost hot...yet I'm sure it was probably in the 60's. A perfect day to be outside. There was just enough breeze to keep most of the bugs (noseums) off, also, which is always appreciated! I got a little bit up when I was berry picking, but that was because I was too stubborn to put my sweatshirt back on- it felt good to wear a sleeveless shirt again. This week has been PERFECT weather wise. Supposedly it will be nice this weekend also, but I wonder how long it can last. I am pretty much happy, no matter the weather, if I can head out of the village and just be out in the country for awhile, though. Tomorrow is Friday already- and I am glad! The kids are doing well adjusting to Kindergarten, but the first week of school can be a little tiring. I am ready for a weekend and time away. I think it will be a good year though. I started my Masters classes again yesterday....yay. I have a writing class this quarter, which is not my strong suit, but hopefully it will help me a lot. The other one is about Assessments....ugh. Oh well- some classes you just have to take. I am half way to my Masters though- I will finish in March (I can't wait). Here are some pictures from around RoseMary- I didn't take any along the trail, as I found it better to hold onto the 4-wheeler than my camera. We did see fresh bear tracks on the way back, but again...no bears. Once we got home I made a homeade pizza, which turned out alright- and I ate like a pig. I had eaten quite a few blueberries but only had peanut butter and crackers for lunch, so I needed some real food. So, another day where my house didn't get cleaned....I don't care. I need to enjoy the fall while it is here! This is truly my favorite time of year!

No comments: