Monday, August 18, 2008

first day of school

Well, today was the first day of school. Everything went well, but I forgot how exhausting the beginning of the year is! I think the kids were ready to go home by lunchtime.....they are not used to having to follow directions for so long. It looks like I have a pretty good group of kids though- and they actually know quite a bit of things already, which will make it easier. Most of them can write their names already and count to ten. I didn't plan enough stuff, as I forget how quickly their attention wanders, but I managed to find enough things to fill in the extra time (45 minutes!) we had before lunch. After school, I cleaned my house which I have been putting off for 2 weeks, and then Sadie and I went down to the beach. I waded in the water and looked for more green rocks. Surprisingly, I got used to the water pretty fast and it wasn't too cold...or was I just slightly numb? I don't know. One of the 4 year olds followed me, and was actually swimming in it. I heard thunder approaching but kept on going until the wind really started picking up and I knew I better hurry to beat the storm. I didn't get too wet- and the wind felt great. I kind of enjoy those rushes to beat the storm- I love feeling storms come in. The beach right here by town had lots of rocks for me....so I'll probably head there tomorrow too- unless I have the energy to go to Nex Crick. Something tells me I may not...the first week of Kindergarten can be pretty exhausting! I took some pictures, but left my camera at school, so will upload those soon!

No comments: