Friday, August 15, 2008

Beautiful Day!

Well, today was a wonderful day! I stayed at school until about 5, then went home and grabbed my backpack and got someone else's puppy (Miles) and set off to Nex Crick. It was a sunny, beautiful, and warm day...but unfortunately very little breeze to blow the bugs away. I had a container to pick blueberries, but was disheartened by the bugs, and was too warm to put on a sweatshirt, so I just kept walking. Down by the ocean, the bugs weren't nearly as bad, and there was a breeze. I crossed the crick, which was chilly, but not as bad as I thought it could be, and started wandering along the coast. I found a lot of green rocks, which I thought were really pretty, so I started picking up those and putting them in my berry bucket. Then I started thinking, maybe I can use them for some kind of project on my land....making a mosaic in my sidewalk or patio? I would need more green rocks....I like to make things with leaves and nature stuff.....the ocean water actually felt really good on my feet. There were a lot of dead humpys lining the shore- and we saw quite a few in the crick, too. Miles had fun chasing a few, as their humps clearly rose above the shallow water in many spots. After awhile, we heard Hondas, and Doris K (an aid in my classroom the last 2 years) came by with her family. They headed up the hill just a little ways to pick berries, and Rhoda, her daughter came down to the beach and had a blast playing with the puppy. We then headed back to town, and I picked quite a few berries along the way and ate them- some plants were loaded with big ones! They were so tempting, even the bugs didn't stop me from enjoying them. By the time I got home it was almost 9:00, but I felt so relaxed, and so good after getting out and enjoying the sunshine. Fall is definitely on its way- the plants are starting to be tinged with orange and red. Fall is my favorite season, but it sure doesn't last long! I better enjoy it while I can!
Later, Mark came over and brought me some fish. He caught 17 silvers today. He said out of 13 casts, he had 10 fish....not a bad ratio! The fish he brought were already cleaned and cut, and he helped me package them, then we sat and talked and drank some tea for awhile. We made plans to go fishing tomorrow...I hope the fish are biting as well then as they did today! It is a GOOD year for silvers! I like this kind of fishing!!! =) Here are a bunch of pictures I took today- flowers I saw, Nex Crick, dead fish along the shore.... you know me....I like to take pictures of dead things!










No comments: