Friday, August 8, 2008

On the River!!



On our second evening, the Tosiers and McDaniels families got their boats to go saining (I know I didn't spell that right) on the Pilgrim River. They were going to get reds with their nets to smoke and make into strips. We ended up spontaneously joining them, which was a lot of fun. We threw all the dogs and humpys back- LOTS of them! There is a picture here of the kids kicking them all back into the river. I helped pull nets in once they came towards shore, as I didn't have any rubber boots, and helped get sticks out of the nets.
The reds were cut up and put into coolers. We ended up staying out on the river quite late, getting back around 1 in the morning- which would have made it 4 in the morning Minnesota time. I was still adjusting to the time change and was pretty tired- but I really enjoyed getting out there. **The fish sticks were great! (Almost a fish jerky)











No comments: