Friday, August 8, 2008

Kougarok Road

After my first day in Nome, we headed up the Kougarok road....these are some pictures from the first time we went. The first night we stayed in Gary's Grandma and Grandpa's cabin- on the Pilgrim River. There was a perrigren falcon nest on the rocks, with at least 4 large chicks inside. I liked listening to their cries as I fished from shore. Here I am catching a humpy, which I didn't keep- they were already starting to turn. We kept a rainbow trout that Gary caught and cooked it over a campfire. The next day we drove all the way to the end of Kougarok road- which was BEAUTIFUL! At the end we had a picnic before heading back to do some more fishing. I found quite a few flowers blooming....









The picture with the purple flower and the bridge shows the end of the road. It goes another 8 miles, but the truck wouldn't have made it over it very well, and Gary didn't want to walk that far.

No comments: