Saturday, August 23, 2008

pink, silver and blue








I woke up today bright eyed and full of energy! I think the weather had a lot to do with it. Not a cloud in the sky, and sunny and warm out! I did my dishes, laundry, and picked up my apartment, then wired my bike rack on (as I was missing some bolts needed and the piece that was supposed to connect to my bar wasn't long enough), then sat and drank coffee while sitting out on my porch and looking out over the ocean. I am very glad I bought a couple of camping chairs to keep out on my porch- I love sitting out there! I then headed out to Moses Point with John to go fishing. I caught two, and then on my third fish, my pole snapped!! Usually I just lose the line if the fish is too big, but my 20# test line didn't break, and my pole did! Oh, well. I tried to shove the broken part inside the thicker part and keep fishing, but it came flying off again. Perhaps with a little glue and duck tape....at least I have another pole up here. 3 fish is a good number to clean and wrap anyway. One of the fish was a pink- and was surprisingly still good at this time of year! Most humpys I would have thrown back three weeks ago already! This one was sleek and fresh looking- with lots of pretty coloring. I took some close up pictures of the back and tail.... I cleaned them out at Moses Point, as it is much easier to do out there than at home- especially with the cutting table right there. We then headed home, drove by some people we know looking for gold out at the beach, and drove by Iron Crick, though I didn't see too many fish. At home I wrapped my fish up and tried to find room for them, but had to put them out in the freezer in the hall that we share....I am using my full share of that by now! I worked on my classes for a little bit, sorted through my rocks from the other day (tossing the ones the kids had just thrown in my bucket) so I just had green ones again, then headed out towards the end of the airport to go pick some blueberries. I picked enough to open a big can of peaches and mix them in- will serve me as a snack for at least the next two days. I didn't stay picking too long, though as the noseums were very thick and biting me all over. They are much worse than mosquitos, as they leave big red welts that last much longer....and itch too. Next time I go, I will have to wear better armor. Supposed to be nice out again tomorrow! I hope so, though I really do need to do at least a little bit of school work this weekend, also!

No comments: