Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Birthday, Bonfire



this black spruce knot was WAY bigger than anything I could put my hands around!


One evening we headed out to West beach (Nome), and went to a bonfire. 2 people were celebrating their birthdays and having a birthday BBQ. I only had one hamburger, which was so big I couldn't eat anything else...except a piece of chocolate cake. We watched the sun start to se around midnight, with pink clouds over the ocean. We didn't leave until the rain front started coming in just a little while after. I had fun meeting new people, and even seeing some old friends (Stacey from Shishmaref). I really enjoy going to bonfires....whether there are a lot of people or just one other. I like them by myself sometimes, but I guess it depends on my mood.

No comments: