Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pictures from Council








Well, day 2 of getting my classroom in order.....there aren't too many noticeable changes, but I did get a lot done today. After school, 2 girls came over (5th and 6th grade) and we made fudge bars and chocolate chip cookies. I also unpacked my kayak today- and it looks great. The only trouble I think I am going to have with it, is getting it packaged up in its' bag for transporting. I was able to do it once today, with only a little bit of difficulty, but that was before I inflated it.....I don't think it will be so easy now. If the waves are small tomorrow, I think I might take it out and try it- but we will see how the weather is. I am hoping I can get it onto my bicycle, but we will see how that goes- I'm not sure my rack is big enough. Nothing too interesting to share today, so I am including some pictures from when I went out to Council (east of Nome). We stayed out there at a Gary's Aunt and Uncle's cabin for the night and came back the next morning. His Uncle Bruce gave us a ride back and forth across the river, and we celebrated Lucille's birthday (his Mom's twin sister). The humpys were everywhere, and just starting to die off. You can tell they are getting old because they are starting to get a white streak on them. I took a picture of the river, to show how thick they were. I am also including a picture of the "last train to nowhere"....an old train from outside Nome that does not even have all the tracks to run on anymore- it is old and rusty- leftover from mining days. I also included pictures of a grayling that Charles snagged (the first one I have seen, though many people fish for them around here) and an old abandoned cabin at Council. Another work-day tomorrow- I am glad to get so much done, but it is not very exciting....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR KAYAK!
LOVE, Mom

Hi Anna, we are checking out your site. Mom cringes everytime you mention using your kayak! Love you!
Katie