Sunday, August 31, 2008

Jam!



Arghh! Just lost my blog I was going to post, so now I need to do it over again...will make it shorter as I don't have the patience to re-write everything!
I made jam on Friday after school- it turned out great, and I have been eating it on biscuits the last couple of days for breakfast. I made it with a little bit less sugar than recommended, as I like a little bit of the tart taste from the blueberries coming through! I still have quite a few blueberries left and would like to make more, but don't have many jars left....should have shipped more from Anchorage =) Oh, well...this will get me through. I have been eating the rest of my blueberries making smoothies.... healthy- and taste great! I am very glad I splurged this year and bought a blender....haven't had one in 5 years- forgot how great they are!!! I also bought a small crockpot and a mixer this year.....oh the small joys! I have been cooking and baking a lot more! I like to share with others, as I can't possibly eat everything on my own, so I am sure no-one else minds, either!

No comments: